The Taste of the Caribbean (TOTC) festivals’ ‘Rum Edition’ starts this weekend; at the Old-Port of Montreal (Clock-Tower Quay). The festival runs from July 6th– 9th, 2023, with free entrance every day from 12pm – 11pm.
This year’s event features Caribbean restaurants and caterers, mixology demos by our rum ambassador, special tastings, 42 episodes free screening in the ‘One Love’ tent, music business seminars, kids’ activities from various countries and more!
There will be live cultural performances by various Caribbean genres of music on a new main stage setup, as well as several other on-site activities, such as: a rum zone, a ‘One Love’ educational workshops tent, a kid’s area, a special VIP Terrace Experience, several dance, and percussion sessions, and more.
Live performance will feature some of Montreal and Toronto’s popular Caribbean acts, such as: Elaine ‘Lil Bit’ Shepherd, Mikey Dangerous, Adan De Dios, DJ Selecta Jinx, Kya Kindu, Josemar, Singing P, El Melodiko, Nueva Vista, Natural Fyah, Leesa and Kali, DJ Mawga K, Keon ‘KD’ Dan, Saya Percussions, Djamboola Dance troop, Ukpong ‘Pong’ Etang on steel pan, DJ TLC, DJ Daven Ray, DJ Fabio Brizzi, Living Legends group of DJs, Shakky ft. Bobby, DJ Judgement, Energy Squad, DJ Blaster, a special appearance by Legato and more can be found at: https://totc.ca/schedule-2023
VIP Terrace tickets: https://totc.ca/tickets
In addition, the festival will help to launch a new Caribbean-themed product Omerto Cocktail, a special cocktail blend of ginger and tomatoes. Del Monte exotic juices, Flor de Cana rum, Rosemont rum, Straight Vodka, and ESKA water will also be on-site to keep everyone well hydrated, as well as SLEEK Recovery to keep you alert in the morning.
Here is the breakdown of activities:
- Main Stage: Festival goers can join in on interactive dance workshops and watch electrifying live performances. Some of the live performances are brought to you by Stages Canada, which consists of various Caribbean artists from Montreal and Toronto.
- Rum Zone: Back by popular demand on an annual basis, the Rum Zone has become a great way to discover Caribbean rums! Visitors can pick from a variety of rum tastings sets, which includes but not limited to some of our rum sponsors: Mount Gay, 3 Lacs Distillery and recently added Flor de Cana.
- Food Zone: Visitors can travel the islands through their taste buds by sampling traditional and fusion dishes. Vendors will be serving up a variety of dishes, desserts and homemade juices from Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Trinidad and more!
- ‘One Love’ Tent: A Caribbean educational and historical area; activities in this tent will feature music business workshops, financial workshops, history books’ presentations, as well as full screenings of our 42 web-series episodes which were filmed and produced during the lockdowns’ virtual editions.
- Kids Zone: A pirate bouncy castle with a full inflatable drum-kit game (and more), will keep the children entertained as you sip on our very own Taste the Bean Caribbean coffee.
A Taste of the Caribbean is an exotic experience for all your senses!